A marriage proposal will (hopefully) only happen once in your lifetime, so you'll want it to be memorable and perfect. After you've worked up the nerve to ask, you'll want a creative and romantic way to pop the question. To help you out, here are 22 unique marriage proposal ideas that are sure to make a big impression.
1. Rent a horse and carriage and take her for a romantic ride. Propose the old fashioned way on bended knee before getting into the carriage and riding away together. One of our clients did this in Richmond Park in London.
2. Cook and set an elaborate candlelight table (or get a professional caterer to deliver) for a quiet romantic dinner for two at home. Serve her a glass of champagne with the diamond ring in the bottom or ribboned to the stem.
3. Arrange a romantic weekend away. After a perfect day of relaxing and pampering for her - surprise her with the ring and proposal.
4. Create a treasure hunt for her on her birthday or other special occasion so that she is not necessarily expecting a proposal. Create clues that lead her to uncover one-by-one treasured memories of photos or past presents from your time together so far. The last clue should lead her to the ring box and a simple "Will you marry me" note.
5. Take her for a romantic picnic or boat ride outdoors and have a plane sky-write your proposal. Be ready to present the ring when she sees your proposal.
6. Hire a magician to entertain just the two of you. Have the magician make the box with the engagement ring mysteriously appear as the surprise ending of the last trick.
7. Take her back to the first restaurant where you dined and surprise her with the ring. You can arrange for the waiter to present it to her with the dessert.
8. Decorate a Christmas tree with lights and only one ornament -- a ribbon or bow tied around the ring box. Ask her over for a Christmas celebration for just the two of you.
9. For a very traditional approach, ask her father for her hand in marriage. When the approval is given, make plans for the next family gathering and make your proposal to her in private with diamond in hand. When she says yes, stand up and announce your engagement to everyone.
10. Prime a friend with harmless little secrets about the two of you, and have him pose as a psychic when you dial. Be sure to ask the right personal questions to make it look authentic. Have the psychic predict a diamond in her very near future. Then make your proposal on the spot.
11. If she likes sports, then take her to a local or professional sporting event and arrange to have your message displayed on the scoreboard after halftime..."Naomi...Will you marry me?" Have the diamond ready to present when she sees it.
12. Arrange to have dinner together at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Have the waiter give her a special fortune cookie with "Will you marry me?" in it. Or you could have it say, "You will receive a diamond in the very near future." And present the diamond in a box.
13. During dinner at your favorite restaurant, arrange with the waiter to have the diamond in a box as one of the choices on the dessert tray. Tell her she is the sweetest thing you know and you can't resist her any longer.
14. Rent a limousine for the evening and be inside when they pick her up at home or work. Take her to an elegant restaurant for a romantic candlelight dinner for two, then present her the diamond on the way home in the limousine.
15. For the chocoholic: Chocolate-dip the diamond box, and put it in the centre of a big box of chocolates when you are alone for the evening. She will always wonder what's in the largest piece of chocolate that she has seen. Pick it up for her and open it with flair.
16. Invite her for some games at home. Use Scrabble letters and spell out "Will you marry me?" Have the diamond ring close by.
17. Plan a romantic train journey (the Orient Express does day trips) and propose en route as you pass some beautiful scenery.
18. Take her for a surprise picnic at the beach or in the woods. At the picnic spot, spell out "Marry Me" with stones, flowers or seashells. Put the diamond in her hand when she says yes.
19. Take her to the highest local peak, get down on one knee and make the highest commitment possible with the highest quality diamond you can afford.
20. Write her a song or poem especially for the occasion and sing/say it aloud or arrange for a professional singer/band.
21. Buy your girlfriend the puppy she always dreamt about and attach the engagement ring to the collar of the puppy that you present to her in a carton box with a big red ribbon wrapped around it.
22. Present her with a giant red heart and say to her "here is my heart, take good care of it". Then bend the knee and make your proposal.
Visit our full website