Diamond House Jewellery is the UK marketing arm of Diamond House in Antwerp which has been trading diamonds since 1986. Diamond House is founded and run by Rob van Beurden, a member of the world's main Diamond Bourse in Antwerp, Belgium. In addition to our London office, you may visit our Antwerp office as well (weekdays and both by appointment only).
We pride ourselves on not only providing the best quality diamonds in handmade designs at the best prices but also on providing as many independent guarantees as possible:
- All our diamonds of 0.35 carat and above are graded by any one of the most reputable independent laboratories: GIA (the oldest and the strongest in the US), the HRD (HRD is strong in Europe and the Middle East/Dubai) and the IGI (the largest gem-lab worldwide that specializes in grading diamonds up to 0.99ct). See FAQs for more on "How does the HRD compare to the GIA?" and on "How does IGI compare to GIA and HRD"? This way you have independent verification of the quality of the diamond.
- Rob van Beurden who handpicks the best cut diamonds is a member of the main Diamond Bourse in Antwerp. It is also the oldest Diamond Bourse in the world. There are only 1500 members worldwide across 23 countries so it’s an exclusive club of experts: Beurs voor Diamanthandel C.V.B.A. - Pelikaanstraat 78, B-2018 Antwerpen, Tel: +32 (0) 3 233.53.13, Fax: +32 (0) 3 233.53.13 - Member Name: Rob van Beurden, Member Number: VAN2414. Being a member of the Diamond Bourse is the highest honour, privilege and responsibility that is possible in the industry as members are bound by a strict code of ethics. For more information, see Antwerp Diamond Bourse.
- We handpick our diamonds to maximise cut (as the quality of cut determines how well a diamond will sparkle). All our diamonds score the highest marks for proportions on grading reports - so no compromises here.
- How do you know that the loose diamond we show you matches its grading report? All our diamonds of 0.35 carat and above are laser inscribed with the report number on the girdle of the diamond, so you can be assured that the loose diamond you chose matches the accompanying grading report. The laser inscribed number is so small that it can be viewed only with x14 loupe and so it does not affect the light-performance of the diamond in any other way.
- Is it a natural diamond or lookalike or has it been treated to remove the inclusions e.g. by laser drilling? An imperfect low grade clarity diamond (I1 to I3) is worth considerably less than higher grades by as much as 80% the value of the top grade diamonds! Laser-drilling of imperfect I1-I3 grade diamonds can make them look like they are very high in clarity e.g. VS to VVS...i.e. you would not be able to detect the inclusions under a loupe as they will have been removed but the value still remains as if it were a grade I1 to I3! ONLY expert graders can detect whether a diamond has been treated. Hence, we sell only certified diamonds so that you can be assured that they are natural and non-treated diamonds.
- We guarantee that our diamonds are "conflict-free" by purchasing our diamonds from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations resolution, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by our diamond suppliers.
- Orders are secured with a 25% to 50% deposit - the balance payable when the jewellery is completed to your satisfaction. Most clients pick up in person and pay the remaining balance. All jewellery that involves shipping will need to be paid for 100% on completion before we FedEx it out.
- All our diamond jewellery comes with free aftercare service including any re-sizing of rings (except for full diamond eternity bands which have to be made exactly to size). In order to keep your jewellery looking at its best, you should come back to us for servicing (clean, polish and re-check diamond claws) at least once every 2 years.
Visit our full website